Modifying Your Forum Preferences
To adjust your general forum preferences:
- Above the course menu bar, click on your username next to the thumbnail image.
- Click “Preferences.”
- Click “Forum preferences.”
- Set your default digest setting by selecting an option from the “Email digest type” dropdown menu. There are three available options:
- No digest – With this option, you will receive an e-mail every time a forum is updated
- Digest - complete posts – With this option, you will receive a daily email containing the full content of all updated posts
- Digest - subjects only – With this option, you will receive a daily email containing just the subject of all updated posts
- In the “Forum auto-subscribe” dropdown menu, you can select whether you want to be auto-subscribed to a forum after creating a post.
- In the “Forum tracking” dropdown menu, you can select whether you want the system to track posts you’ve viewed.
- Once your changes are complete, click “Save changes.”
Please note: If you are accessing your course via your school's Learning Management System (via Blackboard or Canvas), these options may be limited based on your instructor's unique setup.