Subscribing to Discussion Forum Updates
To subscribe to a discussion forum:
- From your course menu bar, click “Discussions.”
- To subscribe to individual discussion forums, click the green box in the “Subscribed” column next to any of the forums. Once you are subscribed, the green box will read “Yes.” If you are unsubscribed, the green box will read “No.”
- If you would like to subscribe to all discussion forums in your course, click “Subscribe to all forums” below the “Search forums” box on the right.
- Choose how often you receive updates by selecting an email digest option in the “Email digest type” column. There are four email digest types to choose from:
- Default – This setting follows whatever option you have chosen in your user profile
- No digest – With this option, you will receive an e-mail every time a forum is updated
- Digest - complete posts – With this option, you will receive a daily email containing the full content of all updated posts
- Digest - subjects only – With this option, you will receive a daily email containing just the subject of all updated posts
- After selecting an email digest type, your changes will auto-save. Repeat these steps for every new forum you wish to subscribe to.