Restricting Access to Course Modules
Each course module can be adjusted to prevent access unless students meet specific, set criteria.
To restrict access to a module:
- From your course home page, enable editing by clicking the green gear menu icon (top right of the screen), and selecting 'Turn editing on.'
- To the right of the desired module, click the cogwheel icon.
- Click to expand the 'Restrict access' pane, and select 'Add restriction...'
- Select from the following restriction types:
- Activity completion - Set whether students must complete other specific activities before they are granted access to this module.
- Date - Set opening and closing dates, limiting access to this module beyond these dates.
- Grade - Set a grade that students must achieve before they can access this module.
- User profile - Allow a specific student to access this module by setting first name, last name, or email address.
- When you have selected your preferred module restrictions, click 'Save changes.' You will now see a 'Not available unless...' message beneath that module's title, indicating that students must meet specific parameters before they are able to access it.