Adjusting Completion Settings for Quizzes
The Activity Completion Tracking is a bookmarking tool that tracks students’ progress using check boxes on the course homepage. This tool is driven by each course item’s activity completion settings, which dictate the requirements that must be met before an activity can be marked as complete.
By default, quizzes are set to: 'Show activity as complete when conditions are met.' With this setting, quizzes are marked complete when any or all of the following conditions are met:
- Students view the quiz
- Students receive grades for the quiz *current default setting*
- Students receive passing grades for the quiz
To change a quiz’s default settings:
- From your course homepage, click on the quiz.
- On the Administration block, click 'Edit settings.'
- Expand the 'Activity Completion' panel near the bottom of the page.
- In the 'Completion tracking' dropdown menu, 'Show activity as complete when conditions are met' should be selected.
- Click to enable any or all of the following options:
- Require view - When enabled, this quiz is marked complete once a student views it.
- Require grade - When enabled, this quiz is marked complete once a student receives a grade.This is the current default setting for all quizzes.
- Require passing grade – When enabled, this quiz is marked complete once a student receives a passing grade.
- Once your changes are complete, click 'Save and return to course.'