Gradebook Setup - Viewing and Adjusting Default Letter Grades
To view and adjust the default letter grades in your course:
- Access your gradebook from the menu bar above your course homepage.
- From the dropdown menu, select 'View' (located after 'Letters'). This will display all letter grades and their corresponding percentages.
- To edit these defaults, click 'Edit grade letters.'
- Check the box next to 'Override site defaults.' This will allow you to remove or add pluses and minuses in the letter grade field, or to adjust percentages in the percentage field.
- Once your changes are complete, click 'Save changes.'
Please note, if you make any changes to your course letter grades, you will also need to update the course preamble to match. To do so, please:
- Access your preamble.
- From the Administration block, expand the 'Page module administration' menu and select 'Edit settings.' This will allow you to access and make edits to the preamble text in the 'Page content' box.
- Adjust your preamble text accordingly.
- When your changes are complete, click 'Save and return to course' or 'Save and display' to save your changes.