Gradebook Setup - Adjusting Grade Categories
All grade items (i.e., assignments and quizzes) are typically placed within weighted categories. Category weights can be easily adjusted through the 'Gradebook setup' page. The 'Gradebook setup' page also allows you to move grade items from one category to another. Please note, these steps may vary if you have a flat gradebook with no weighted categories.
To adjust category weights:
- Select 'Gradebook setup' from your gear menu,
- Access your gradebook from the menu bar above your course homepage and select 'Gradebook setup' from the dropdown menu on the left.
- Existing weights for each category are displayed in the 'Weights' column. These numbers represent the percent of each category (out of a course total of 100%).
- To adjust a category's weight, enter a numerical value directly into the category's weight field in the 'Weights' column.
- To save your updated weights, click 'Save changes.'
To move a grade item to another category:
- On the 'Gradebook setup' page, click the arrow icon to the left of the desired grade item's title. Once the page refreshes, boxes will appear to indicate available spaces.
- Click to select an available slot directly underneath your desired category. (Please note, folder icons denote weighted categories.) The page will refresh to display your changes and allow you to make any further changes necessary.