Posting Comments in Written Assignments (eClipz) - Student
Depending on your course, your assignments may feature the eClipz tool (formerly known as Acclaim), which allows you to post time-stamped comments alongside a provided video or audio clip. This allows you to easily comment on specific timings of the excerpt, or post general comments regarding the clip.
To add comments with eClipz:
- From your course homepage, click the assignment you wish to complete.
- When you are ready to begin, click "Add Submission" at the bottom of the page (You may need to scroll down.) The page will reload, and you will see a comment box on the right-hand side of the video. This is where you will input your answers.
- Click “Play” to start the video or audio excerpt.
- Pause at a point when you’d like to record your comment.
- Use the Comment Box to the right of the video to enter your comment text.
- To display a timestamp with your comment, check "Link comment to current time in video." (To post without a timestamp, uncheck this box.)
- Click "Post" to record your comment. (You will need to click "Post" after every individual comment.)
- Click "Play" again to continue your excerpt.
- Toggle between "Play" and "Pause" to continue posting your comments.
- When you've finished commenting, you may address any additional questions in the "Online text" box.
- Click "Save changes."
- If you are ready to submit your assignment for grading, click "Submit assignment." (To edit your assignment further, click "Edit submission.)
- On the confirmation page, click "Yes" to continue submitting your assignment.