Setting Your Notification Preferences
Notifications can be enabled for a variety of events, such as when you receive a message from a student or when assignments have been submitted. In the notifications settings page, you can select to receive an alert via your notification icons or through an email notification. Notifications are highly customizable and can be changed with the following steps:
- Above the course menu bar, click on your username next to the thumbnail image.
- From the dropdown menu, select 'Preferences.'
- Click 'Notification preferences' to open the notification settings page.
- Enable notifications by checking the boxes next to each event you would like to receive updates on. As an instructor, the following categories may be most useful:
- Assignment notifications – notifies you on assignment updates
- Forum – notifies you on discussion forum updates
- Inbound message configuration – notifies you when messages are processed, or are unable to be processed.
- Once your changes are complete, click 'Save changes.'