Respondus LockDown Browser for Students
Respondus LockDown Browser™ is a locked browser for taking quizzes. It prevents you from printing, copying, going to another URL, or accessing other applications during a quiz. If a quiz requires that Respondus LockDown Browser™ be used, you will not be able to take the quiz with a standard web browser. Respondus LockDown Browser™ should only be used for taking quizzes. It should not be used in other areas of the course (i.e. assignments).
Important! When using Respondus LockDown Browser™, you will only be able to take ONE quiz or exam during each session. To take multiple quizzes/exams, simply close Respondus LockDown Browser™ and re-launch the application between each quiz/exam.
Installing and Launching Respondus LockDown Browser™
If you do not have Respondus LockDown Browser™ installed, the 'Check your LockDown Browser Setup' or 'Launch LockDown Browser' buttons will not be functional. Please be sure to first select 'Download LockDown Browser' and install the browser before utilizing these functions. You may also click 'Download' below to install the software.
Operating System Miniumum Requirements:
Windows 7 (PC) or OS X 10.10 Yosemite (Mac)).
Note: Chromebooks are not currently supported by Respondus.
Please Note: Respondus LockDown Browser™ requires that you have administrator rights on your device. If you do not have administrator rights on your device, please contact the Connect For Education Support Team for an alternate version of the software.
Taking a Quiz Using Respondus LockDown Browser™:
- Close all programs, except the one used to connect you to the Internet.
- Log into your course and select the quiz you wish to complete.
- Click 'Launch LockDown Browser.' (Depending on your browser, you may be asked to allow the link to open or select which program to open the link with.)
- If prompted to close a blocked program (e.g. screen capture, instant messaging) choose 'Yes' when prompted. Or, close Respondus LockDown Browser™ and then close the blocked program before restarting.
- Once LockDown Browser launches, click 'Start quiz.'
- Once a quiz has been started with Respondus LockDown Browser™, you cannot exit until the 'Submit all and finish' button is clicked.
Questions or problems?
For any additional questions or problems in relation to installation or use of Respondus LockDown Browser™, please feel free to contact the Connect For Education Support Team: