Modifying Written Assignments
Written assignments offer a great deal of flexibility and can be modified per your preference. You may considering modifying assignment text to create a customized and unique assignment for your students, or simply adjust your assignment to limit the types of submissions students may submit.
To modify an existing written assignment:
- From your course home page, enable editing by clicking the green gear menu icon (top right of the screen), and selecting 'Turn editing on.'
- To the right of the desired assignment, click 'Edit' and select 'Edit settings.'
- Adjust your assignment text as necessary in the 'Description' field. Here, you can change the assignment prompt, add additional information, modify the submission instructions and more!
- Adjust any other assignment settings as necessary. Some common options that you may want to customize include:
- The start, end, and cut-off dates in the 'Availability' pane.
- The submission types in the 'Submission types' pane.
- The restriction options in the 'Restrict access' pane.
- Once your changes are complete, click either 'Save and display,' or 'Save and return to course.'