Using Respondus LockDown Browser on iPad via Canvas
If your course is a LTI-integrated course and hosted through your school's Canvas platform, you must install both the Canvas and Respondus LockDown Browser applications on your iPad. You may use an iPad to complete any Respondus LockDown Browser quizzes that have been configured for iPad use. If your quiz requires Respondus but has not been configured for iPad use, simply reach out to our Technical Support team at (703)880-1180, ext. 200 (M-F, 9am-6pm EST), or by email at email@example.com.
- Close all programs, except for the Canvas app.
- Sign into your course using the Canvas app.
- Access your desired quiz which requires the Respondus LockDown Browser.
- Click the 'Launch LockDown Browser' button:
- Confirm that you want to open the quiz using the LockDown Browser software:
- Click 'Yes' to confirm App Self-Lock:
- You will see an alert indicating that the iPad is locked, and the page will refresh, allowing you to start your quiz attempt.
- Once you have submitted your quiz attempt, you may manually close out the Respondus LockDown Browser application. When using Respondus LockDown Browser, you will only be able to take ONE quiz or exam during each session. To take multiple quizzes/exams, simply close Respondus LockDown Browser™ and re-launch the application between each quiz/exam.
Please note, prior to starting a quiz/exam with Respondus, be sure your iPad system mute (bell icon) is not enabled. Once your Respondus session has started, your iPad system controls will be locked and you will be unable to to disable the system mute.