eClipz Comments Not Posting in Chrome - Disabling SameSite
Some course assignments require students to post time-stamped comments alongside a provided video or audio clip using the eClipz commenting tool. This allows you to easily comment on specific timings of the excerpt, or post general comments regarding the clip.
If you are using the Chrome browser and your comments are not posting, you may need to:
- Disable SameSite using the steps below
- Close out any other Chrome tabs/windows you may have open, leaving only the tab/window with your C4E course open
These steps should help you post your comments successfully so that you may submit your assignment for grading.
To disable SameSite in Chrome:
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- In the address bar, type chrome://flags/.
- In the 'Search flags' field, type SameSite. From the available options, set 'SameSite by default cookies' and 'Enable removing SameSite=None cookies' to 'Disabled':
- Once your changes are complete, you will be prompted to relaunch Chrome. Click the 'Relaunch' button to relaunch the browser. When the browser has relaunched, ensure that no additional Chrome tabs/windows are open and proceed to your assignment to try posting your comments again.