Respondus LockDown Browser - Exiting and Resuming a Quiz/Exam
If your quiz/exam freezes or becomes unresponsive when using the Respondus LockDown Browser, you may exit the exam and resume your attempt (if you have time remaining) using the steps below:
- To close a Respondus LockDown Browser session, click the red X in the far right corner of the Respondus window (note: if using a Mac, the red X will appear in the far left of the Respondus window).
- On the the confirmation screen, select 'Close the Browser':
- When prompted, enter the reason you are closing Respondus, then click 'Submit and close the browser':
NOTE: If the Respondus session is unresponsive and you are unable to close the application using the above process, you may force quit using the following steps:
- Windows Users: Press CTRL-ALT-DEL and select the Task Manager to see all open programs on your computer. To end a program, select it and click 'End Task.'
- Mac Users: Choose 'Force Quit' from the Apple menu, or press Command-Option-Esc.
- Once you have closed the Respondus session, return to the quiz/exam in your C4E course. If you have time remaining on your quiz/exam, you may click 'Launch LockDown Browser' to open a new Respondus session and resume your test.