Labels are an excellent way to add organization to your course modules! With labels, you can create formatted lines of text to serve as headings or dividers between lessons, or as reminders of important due dates, as in the examples below:
- Labels as lesson dividers:
- Labels as due date reminders:
To add a label to your course:
- From your course home page, enable editing by clicking the green gear menu icon (top right of the screen), and selecting 'Turn editing on.'
- In the desired module, click '+ Add an activity or resource.'
- Select 'Label' and click 'Add.'
- Enter your label text in the 'Label text' field. Use any of the text editor tools to format your text (for example, you can bold your label text, or changes its size, color, and more!).
- Under 'Activity completion,' select 'Do not indicate activity completion.' This will ensure that the label is not being factored as part of the activity completion tracking for this course.
- Select 'Save and return to course.' This label will now be added to the bottom of your course module.
- Drag and drop your new label to the desired location in the module.