Course Breakdown and Navigation
- Upon logging in, your course dashboard is displayed. The dashboard can be customized and lists your courses, their end-dates, and any assignment or message-related notifications. Alternately, to view your course homepage upon logging in, you can suppress your dashboard.
- On your course homepage, all course content (such as the reading, assignments, and quizzes) appears in modules below the 'Content & Assignments' panel. Clicking 'Open all' expands all modules.
- To the right of 'Contents & Assignments' is your Blocks panel. On this panel are all of your course blocks.
- Above the Blocks panel is the gear menu, which allows you to enable editing, access Gradebook setup, view logs, restore deleted items, and more.
- Above your course homepage is your course menu bar.
- To the left of your course homepage is your Administration block, which allows you to perform such administrative tasks as:
- enable editing
- access assignment/quiz settings
- view enrolled students
- access your gradebook
- modify your quiz pools
Please note, the available options on the Administration block vary depending on which course item you click from.
- Directly below your menu bar is the course breadcrumb feature. This navigational tool allows you to quickly locate your position in your course and trace your steps back to your homepage. Typically, your dashboard and your course homepage make up the first two breadcrumbs, allowing you to jump to either of these two pages from anywhere in your course.
- On all content pages is a table of contents menu, located directly below your course breadcrumbs. This dropdown menu lists all course chapters and pages, and allows you to easily navigate elsewhere within the course.